Sunday, May 20, 2012



Hey friends, have you tried to compare yourself with others? Don’t say “No” as I know that, we all (Obviously including me) have at some point or the other have compared ourselves with other. But, have you asked question to yourself that, is it correct to compare yourself with others?

Let me, explain you the concepts of comparison,

1. Comparing yourself with others

This type of Comparison will mean that, you are comparing profitability of a Manufacturing Company with a Service Provider company and analysing the mistakes between such profit differences. Or that, you are comparing Microsoft Excel with Microsoft Word and analysing that, why the calculations don’t work in word but works in excel?

Guys, I know that this are vague examples but just think it with your open mind that, comparing yourself with others will mean that, you are just wasting your valuable time and further, the results will also be vague or rather useless.

2. Comparing yourself with your past

Now, if you try to compare yourself with your past then, it will definitely help you

This type of comparison means that, you are comparing a company’s past balance sheet with current balance sheet. This will help you realize that, what are the trends or growth patterns and the reasons behind that growth. Or it will mean that comparison of Microsoft excel with Quick office Excel and understanding the positive and negative sides of both of them.

I know that, this blog will be seen as just describing CA and Engineering students. It’s, because of the fact that, I am very much familiar with this both fields and thanks to my friends for being the reasons behind my knowledge.

In simple terms I would like to explain that, you are unique my buddy, don’t waste your time and efforts judging and comparing yourself with others. God has made everybody unique. Don’t think that, “why that person is happier in job/work/life than me?”  Just remember that it doesn’t mean that, since a particular good thing doesn’t happen to you at this time then, it will never happen again. So, don’t compare yourself with others. But, do compare yourself with your past that will help you to realize that where are you going and what you want to do with your precious life.

So, when you are trying to compare yourself with others then, just remember the following lines “Comparing myself with others just makes me feel superior or inferior, never acceptable exactly as I am. What a waste of time & energy! There has never been another person like me since time began, so there is no need to compare and getting F****d up with my life!!!”

Stop Comparing and Start Living

8 comments:

  1. gr8 yaar......really a good one to read and understand......keep it up..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way nice examples

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey bro. Very nice.u also dnt compare ur self with other coz u r vry special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A person Compares himself with others only when, he losses his chance to succeed to others.Now, sir can u please say that does life really gives u a second chance so, that we don't compare ourselves with others?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanx for the comment.. By the way life does give a 2nd chance you just have to wait and watch.Mistakes do happen and its up to us what to do with our mistakes i.e either take it in positive way and learn from it or consider ourselves as loser and start comparing ourselves with others,like you are doing now. I have said in my blog that, each one of us are UNIQUE. so sir, don't worry and learn from your mistake and have a better life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice one...
    I too agree..never compare yourself with that of others..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please Update your Blog Regularly. it's nice time reading it

    ReplyDelete